Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cosmetology School? Me?

So I had a girls day out with my mommy. We went and got our hair done. I had cut her hair about last week. When we went to the salon, the hairdresser noticed it had been recently cut. Mom said I did it. The girl was surprised and said it was all even and she was impressed with my layering skills and wanted to know what salon I worked at. This made me laugh so hard. I told her that I actually work in the Walmart Photo Lab and that I have never professionally cut hair in my life. I told her that I have just cut my friends' hair in the past. I've never taken any classes or anything. I just help them cut and color it because it is cheaper than going to a salon. She was impressed and told me that I have a knack for it.
I was floored. So for the rest of the day my parents ganged up on me and suggested that I look into cosmetology school. So I did and I sent out a couple of emails, and until I find out how much it costs and what my options are, I'm gonna keep this on the back burner. I am a photographer and a quilter. That's what I have become. I can barely do my own hair and didn't know how to really do my own hair till I got out of high school. I can barely do it now. I don't even know how the french braid. (Well I do. I'm just not very good at it.)


Comments are appreciated. I want to know what everyone thinks of this whole idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment