~I remember the house we lived in, in Texas. It had a HUGE living room and sliding glass doors in the kitchen that went out to the backyard.
~I remember 2 Basset Hounds we had in Texas. Romeo and Mallory. They were very protective.
~I remember Josh cutting off my pigtails. He didn’t like me much back then.
~I remember a wiener dog that belonged to the house on the corner in Morrisville, Missouri. I was in kindergarten. If Josh and James (my brothers) didn’t walk with me home from school, that dog would chase me down the block.
~I remember dad walking me to school on my first day of kindergarten. I was eating a piece of toast and my tummy didn’t feel good. I was nervous and I didn’t want my daddy to leave me there.
~I remember Patrick stealing my green crayon. I stole it back and stabbed him in the hand with it. We have been friends ever since.
~I remember helping mom burn trash in a big steal trash can in the backyard. Then playing in it and getting melted plastic stuck on my arm. That taught me not to play in the burn barrel.
~I remember a big tornado when I was in 1st grade. Dad wasn’t home and we took shelter in the concrete shed.
~I remember a big snow. It was just about as tall as Ariel and I. (Ariel is my sister.) She was in kindergarten and I was in 2nd grade. (if that gives you any idea of how tall we were at the time.)
~I remember walking across the field to Grandma McGinnis’. Dad and I would meet her in the field, where she was in her S10 pick-up and checking on the cows. I would beg her to let me spend time with her. So she would take me home with her. We would then build a fire in the fireplace, she would make malt-o-meal and we would sit down and watch E.T. That’s the only movie to my knowledge that she would watch.
~I remember moving out to the 10 acres. It was exciting living out in the middle of the woods. That was when we started riding the bus to school.
~I remember when our cat Toast was born. He almost died. His mama died soon after he was born and so we had to bottle feed him.

No comments:
Post a Comment